Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Jacksonville

If you're looking for the blog entry about Cologne, it's one down. This one's mostly about soccer.

I thought about doing another travel blog here. Then I got to Gainesville and Jacksonville. Let me summarize. Each is a sprawling metropolis made almost entirely of one story buildings and strip malls. It looks a lot like what I'd expect of Hell except I can't help but think that perhaps Hell would look more interesting.

As far as the game, damn, Scotland sucks. Seriously, they are very bad. Having said that, you can only beat the team that shows up to play you. While it is debatable as to whether or not Scotland actually showed up, the United States certainly did. While I was not excited about the new US coach, Jurgen Klinsmann, when he was hired, I have never seen the US play like that. Landon Donovan scored three, Jermaine Jones scored one and Michael Bradley scored one very memorable goal indeed. They also passed very well. That was weird.

It's only one game. Statistics and better judgement say we'll know slightly more tomorrow when we (I say we as a fan, get off me) play Brazil. We could be in for a very big disappointment. However, we were missing our second best player, at least one player was injured and several others were unavailable due, more than likely, to decisions make by Mr. Klinsmann which did not relate to their current on-field form. The real question then is how do we get all the players that look as though they deserve to play on the field at the same time. It's a good problem to have. Later ya'll, beat Brazil and Timmy Chandler sucks.

2 comments:

  1. I hope there is a more detailed travel blog coming about this trip still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be. I just wanted to get my thoughts down about the game before we played Brazil.

    ReplyDelete